At KOL, part of the MJMK group, we source and celebrate the finest expressions of British ingredients, championing wild food and seasonality to create dishes that reflect the bright, fresh flavours of Mexican cooking. The kitchen team is headed up by Chef Patron Santiago Lastra and was awarded a Michelin star in 2022, followed by being named 23rd in the World’s 50 Best in 2023(highest ranked restaurant in the UK). Respect and understanding are central to our work. Before ingredients and dishes, we invest in the people and producers who trust us to represent their culture and traditions and our team also reflects this. As KOL continues its success, we’re looking for a Kitchen Porter to join the team, who will support the kitchen team with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, coolers and all storage areas across the back of house.
As a Kitchen Porter at KOL, we can offer you:
- Up to £13 per hour, dependent on your experience, inclusive of service charge.
- 25% staff discount across all MJMK sites.
- Up to £500 team referral bonus.
- Opportunity to develop your career with MJMK as we expand in the near future.
- Mental health and well-being assistance with Hospitality Action who can offer free advice and counselling if you’re struggling at work or at home.
- Free staff meals and drinks while on shift.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, after your first year with us.
- An extra day’s holiday every year you’re with us.
- An enhanced pension plan and the opportunity to take a sabbatical for a month, with two weeks paid by MJMK, after you’ve worked with us for 5 years.
A KOL Kitchen Porter is:
- A team-player. We believe that our people are stronger together and support each other, no matter what department they work in.
- Passionate about food and hospitality.
- Responsible for their knowledge and learning in their job role, always looking to consistently be the best.
- Able to work with integrity, excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Adaptable to changes and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes with and understanding of cleaning kitchen areas and surfaces.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re up for a new challenge and the opportunity to work alongside Santiago Lastra.