People & Recruitment Officer, Chef Led Restaurants & Support Office
We are looking for a motivated People & Recruitment Officer to support the expansion of our Chef Led Dining Division and support office. The role will work alongside and report into our Senior People Manager.
MJMK Restaurants has 2 divisions – Casa do Frango (currently on 4 sites), and Chef Led Restaurants, currently on 2 sites, growing to 4 by the end of the year:
- KOL – fine dining, set menu only, Mexican-inspired restaurant located in Marylebone, with chef patron Santiago Lastra (previously of Noma and Mugaritz). KOL has a Michelin star and is listed as Nr 23 in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants (highest ranked restaurant in the UK) amongst multiple other accolades.
- Lisboeta – premium Lisbon-inspired restaurant by celebrity chef Nuno Mendes, located on Charlotte Street, in Fitzrovia. The restaurant received incredible critical acclaim since opening, and is listed both in the Michelin guide and the World’s 50 Best Discovery list.
This year, our Chef Led Dining Division will open 2 exciting new concepts:
- AngloThai – debut restaurant from the brilliant chef John Chantarasak, focusing on Thai recipes using British ingredients, in Marylebone
- New contemporary Mexican a-la-carte concept from KOL Chef Patron, Santiago Lastra, in Mayfair
This role will also oversee our Support Office, located in Fitzrovia, and comprising roughly 25 full time employees.
Your responsibilities as People & Recruitment Officer will include:
- Recruitment & Onboarding – supporting our Managers in finding the right people for our brilliant teams across the four Chef-led restaurants as well as our support office; and making sure all new starters have a positive introduction to their roles.
- People & Culture
- At site: supporting the Senior People Manager and operations teams with all People-related issues.
- At Support Office: Assisting with the HR requirements of the Support Office team, including being in charge of various team welfare initiatives and activities (e.g. new joiner/leaver events, xmas parties, onboarding, birthday celebrations team drinks etc)
- HR Admin – Supporting across internal communications, compliance and HR documentation
- Systems & Reporting – Supporting with management and wider training of all HR platforms; together with regular, accurate reporting of our People team metrics
Whilst previous HR experience is preferred, we will consider applications from candidates with hospitality operations experience only. Key requirements are a passion for best-in-class hospitality, generosity of spirit, a positive outlook, and love of all things restaurants and people.
This role plays a crucial support role for our sites, and you will need to demonstrate strong organisational skills, attention to detail and an understanding of what it takes to run some of the best restaurants in London.
As a People & Recruitment Officer at MJMK Restaurants, we’ll offer you:
- £35,000 - £40,000 salary package, subject to experience
- 25% staff discount across all MJMK sites
- 33 days holidays at Support Office, including Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to develop your career with MJMK as we expand
- Eligibility to join the company bonus scheme
- Mental health and well-being assistance with Hospitality Action who can offer free advice and counselling if you’re struggling at work or at home
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after your first year with us
- An enhanced pension plan and the opportunity to take a sabbatical for a month, with two weeks paid by MJMK, after you’ve worked with us for 5 years
If you are a People & Recruitment Officer, who loves hospitality, get in touch!